Creating a database user
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
- Managing and monitoring MetroCluster configurations
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Collecting data and monitoring workload performance
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
To support a connection between Workflow Automation and Unified Manager, or to access database views, you must first create a database user with the Integration Schema or Report Schema role in the Unified Manager web UI.
What you’ll need
You must have the Application Administrator role.
Database users provide integration with Workflow Automation and access to report-specific database views. Database users do not have access to the Unified Manager web UI or the maintenance console, and cannot execute API calls.
In the left navigation pane, click General > Users.
In the Users page, click Add.
In the Add User dialog box, select Database User in the Type drop-down list.
Type a name and password for the database user.
In the Role drop-down list, select the appropriate role.
If you are… Choose this role
Connecting Unified Manager with Workflow Automation
Accessing reporting and other database views