Disabling nested groups from remote authentication
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
- Managing and monitoring MetroCluster configurations
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Collecting data and monitoring workload performance
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
If you have remote authentication enabled, you can disable nested group authentication so that only individual users, and not group members, can remotely authenticate to Unified Manager. You can disable nested groups when you want to improve Active Directory authentication response time.
What you’ll need
You must have the Application Administrator role.
Disabling nested groups is only applicable when using Active Directory.
Disabling support for nested groups in Unified Manager might reduce the authentication time. If nested group support is disabled, and if a remote group is added to Unified Manager, individual users must be members of the remote group to authenticate to Unified Manager.
In the left navigation pane, click General > Remote Authentication.
Check the box for Disable Nested Group Lookup.