Configuring destination efficiency settings
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
- Managing and monitoring MetroCluster configurations
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Collecting data and monitoring workload performance
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
You can configure destination efficiency settings such as deduplication, compression, autogrow, and space guarantee on a protection destination using the Advanced Destination Settings dialog box. You use these settings when you want to maximize space utilization on a destination or secondary volume.
What you’ll need
You must have the Application Administrator or Storage Administrator role.
By default, efficiency settings match those of the source volume, except for compression settings in a SnapVault relationship, which are disabled by default.
Click either the SnapMirror tab or the SnapVault tab in the Configure Protection dialog box, depending on the type of relationship you are configuring.
Click Advanced in the Destination Information area.
The Advanced Destination Settings dialog box is opened.
Enable or disable the efficiency settings for deduplication, compression, autogrow, and space guarantee, as required.
Click Apply to save your selections and return to the Configure Protection dialog box.