Event Setup page
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
- Managing and monitoring MetroCluster configurations
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Collecting data and monitoring workload performance
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
The Event Setup page displays the list of events that are disabled, and provides information such as the associated object type and severity of the event. You can also perform tasks such as disabling or enabling events globally.
You can access this page only if you have the Application Administrator or Storage Administrator role.
The command buttons enable you to perform the following tasks for selected events:
Launches the Disable Events dialog box, which you can use to disable events.
Enables selected events that you had chosen to disable previously.
Launches the Upload Rules dialog box, which enables sites with no external network access to manually upload the Active IQ rules file to Unified Manager. The rules are run against cluster AutoSupport messages to generate events for system configuration, cabling, best practice, and availability as defined by the Active IQ platform.
Subscribe to EMS Events
Launches the Subscribe to EMS Events dialog box, which enables you to subscribe to receive specific Event Management System (EMS) events from the clusters that you are monitoring. The EMS collects information about events that occur on the cluster. When a notification is received for a subscribed EMS event, a Unified Manager event is generated with the appropriate severity.
The List view displays (in tabular format) information about events that are disabled. You can use the column filters to customize the data that is displayed.
Displays the name of the event that is disabled.
Displays the severity of the event. The severity can be Critical, Error, Warning, or Information.
Displays the source type for which the event is generated.