Filtering inventory page content
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
- Managing and monitoring MetroCluster configurations
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Collecting data and monitoring workload performance
- Analyzing performance events
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
You can filter inventory page data in Unified Manager to quickly locate data based on specific criteria. You can use filtering to narrow the contents of the Unified Manager pages to show only the results in which you are interested. This provides a very efficient method of displaying only the data in which you are interested.
Use Filtering to customize the grid view based on your preferences. Available filter options are based on the object type being viewed in the grid. If filters are currently applied, the number of applied filters displays at the right of the Filter button.
Three types of filter parameters are supported.
The operators are contains, starts with, ends with, and does not contain.
The operators are greater than, less than, in the last, and between.
The operators are is and is not.
The Column, Operator, and Value fields are required for each filter; the available filters reflect the filterable columns on the current page. The maximum number of filters you can apply is four. Filtered results are based on combined filter parameters. Filtered results apply to all pages in your filtered search, not just the page currently displayed.
You can add filters using the Filtering panel.
At the top of the page, click the Filter button. The Filtering panel displays.
Click the left drop-down list and select an object; for example, Cluster, or a performance counter.
Click the center drop-down list, and select the operator you want to use.
In the last list, select or enter a value to complete the filter for that object.
To add another filter, click +Add Filter. An additional filter field displays. Complete this filter using the process described in the preceding steps. Note that upon adding your fourth filter, the +Add Filter button no longer displays.
Click Apply Filter. The filter options are applied to the grid and the number of filters is displayed to the right of the Filter button.
Use the Filtering panel to remove individual filters by clicking the trash icon at the right of the filter to be removed.
To remove all filters, click Reset at the bottom of the filtering panel.
The illustration shows the Filtering panel with three filters. The +Add Filter button displays when you have fewer than the maximum of four filters.
After clicking Apply Filter, the Filtering panel closes, applies your filters, and shows the number of filters applied ().