PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
- Managing and monitoring MetroCluster configurations
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Collecting data and monitoring workload performance
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
After you have a view you want to reuse and share as a report, you can schedule it using Active IQ Unified Manager. You can manage scheduled reports, changing the recipients and distribution frequency for each report schedule.
You can schedule most views or inventory pages in Unified Manager. Exceptions are events, which are reports you can download as CSV files, but you cannot schedule events for regeneration and sharing. You also cannot download or schedule the dashboards, favorites, or configuration pages.
Starting in Active IQ Unified Manager 9.8, you can download views in Microsoft® Excel format and customize them. You can use advanced Excel features such as complex sorts, layered filters, pivot tables, and charts. When satisfied with the resulting Excel report, you can upload the Excel file for use each time the report is scheduled and shared.
You can schedule the built in views or views you customize. You can choose which file type to send, either CSV, PDF, or XSLX. When you schedule a report for the first time, you can download it and assign yourself as the only recipient to see the report as your recipients will see it.