Unified Manager reporting
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
- Managing and monitoring MetroCluster configurations
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Collecting data and monitoring workload performance
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
Active IQ Unified Manager (formerly OnCommand Unified Manager) provides the ability to view, customize, download, and schedule reports for your ONTAP storage systems. The reports can provide details about the storage system capacity, health, performance, security, and protection relationships.
The new Unified Manager reporting and scheduling functionality introduced in Active IQ Unified Manager 9.6 replaces the previous reporting engine that was retired in Unified Manager version 9.5.
Reporting provides different views of your network, offering actionable intelligence on capacity, health, performance, security, and protection data. You can customize your views by showing, hiding, and rearranging columns, filtering data, sorting data, and searching the results. You can save custom views for reuse, download them as reports, and schedule them as recurring reports to distribute through email.
You can download views in Microsoft® Excel format and customize them. You can use advanced Excel features, such as complex sorts, layered filters, pivot tables, and charts. When satisfied with the resulting Excel report, you can upload the Excel file for use each time the report is scheduled and shared.
In addition to generating reports from the user interface, you can extract health, security, and performance data from Unified Manager using these additional methods:
Using Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) and ODBC tools to directly access the database for cluster information
Executing Unified Manager REST APIs to return the information you are interested in reviewing
From this release of Active IQ Unified manager, following enhancements are made to the reports:
Email is sent for a report as per the configured schedule. Even when you generate an on-demand report, you will receive an email.
The file name of the report and metadata of the report includes the hostname from where the report was generated. Even if any one changes the filename, still you can identify the hostname from where the report was generated due to this enhancement.