PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
- Managing and monitoring MetroCluster configurations
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Collecting data and monitoring workload performance
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
There are some limitations with the new Active IQ Unified Manager reporting functionality of which you should be aware.
Existing reports from previous versions of Unified Manager
You can only edit the schedule and recipients for existing reports that were created and imported (as .rptdesign files) in Unified Manager 9.5 and earlier releases. If you customized any of the standard reports that were provided with Unified Manager 9.5 or earlier, these custom reports are not imported into the new reporting tool.
If you need to edit existing reports imported from .rptdesign files, do one of the following and remove the imported report:
create a new view and schedule a report from that view (preferred)
hover over the report, copy the SQL, and pull the data using an external tool
The default views can be generated as reports without the need for any customization. You can use the new reporting solution to recreate any custom reports.
Schedule and report relationship
You can create many different schedules with any combination of recipients for each saved report. However, you cannot reuse the schedule for multiple reports.
Any user with the appropriate permissions can edit or delete reports. There is no way to prevent other users from removing or making changes to saved views or schedules.
Although you can customize the event view and download the resulting report in CSV format, you cannot schedule recurring event reports for generation and distribution.
Reports cannot be sent in the body of an email. Instead, reports are only sent as PDF, Excel, or CSV attachments.