Viewing active events from the notification bell
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
- Managing and monitoring MetroCluster configurations
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Collecting data and monitoring workload performance
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
The notification bell () in the menu bar provides a fast way to view the most important active events that Unified Manager is tracking.
The list of active events provides a way to see the total number of critical, error, warning, and upgrade events on all clusters. This list includes events from the previous 7 days, and it does not include Information events. You can click a link to display the list of events that you are most interested in.
Note that when a cluster is not reachable, Unified Manager displays this information in this page. You can view detailed information about a cluster that is unreachable by clicking the Details button. This action opens the Event details page. Scale monitoring issues, such as low space or RAM on the management station, are also displayed on this page.
From the menu bar, click .
To view details for any of the active events, click the event text link, such as "2 Capacity" or "4 Performance".