Enabling API Gateway
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
The API Gateway feature allows Active IQ Unified Manager to be a single control plane from which you can manage multiple ONTAP clusters, without logging in to them individually.
You can enable this feature from the configuration pages that appear when you first log in to Unified Manager. Alternatively, you can enable or disable this feature from General > Feature Settings > API Gateway.
Unified Manager REST APIs are different from the ONTAP REST APIs, and not all the functionalities of ONTAP REST APIs can be availed by using the Unified Manager REST APIs. However, if you have a specific business requirement of accessing the ONTAP APIs for managing specific features that are not exposed to Unified Manager, you can enable the API Gateway feature and execute the ONTAP APIs. The gateway acts as a proxy to tunnel the API requests by maintaining the header and body requests in the same format as in the ONTAP APIs. You can use your Unified Manager credentials and execute the specific APIs to access and manage the ONTAP clusters without passing individual cluster credentials. Unified Manager performs as a single point of management for running the APIs across the ONTAP clusters managed by your Unified Manager instance. The response returned by the APIs is the same as the response returned by the respective ONTAP REST APIs executed directly from ONTAP.
After enabling this feature, you can execute the Unified Manager REST APIs from Menu Bar > Help button > API Documentation > gateway category. Alternatively, you can enter the host name or IP address and the URL to access the REST API page in the format
For more information about the APIs, see Getting started with Active IQ Unified Manager REST APIs.