Managing and monitoring protection relationships
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
Active IQ Unified Manager enables you to create protection relationships, to monitor and troubleshoot SnapMirror and SnapVault relationships on managed clusters, and to restore data when it is overwritten or lost.
For SnapMirror operations there are two replication types:
Replication from the primary to the secondary volume is determined by a schedule.
Replication is performed simultaneously on the primary and secondary volume.
You can perform up to 10 protection jobs simultaneously with no performance impact. You might experience some performance impact when you run between 11 and 30 jobs simultaneously. Running more than 30 jobs simultaneously is not recommended.