Creating a SnapMirror policy to maximize transfer efficiency
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
You can create a SnapMirror policy to specify the SnapMirror transfer priority for protection relationships. SnapMirror policies enable you to maximize transfer efficiency from the source to the destination by assigning priorities so that lower-priority transfers are scheduled to run after normal-priority transfers.
What you’ll need
You must have the Application Administrator or Storage Administrator role.
You must have set up Workflow Automation.
This task assumes that you have already completed the Destination Information area in the Configure Protection dialog box.
From the SnapMirror tab of the Configure Protection dialog box, click the Create Policy link in the Relationship Settings area.
The Create SnapMirror Policy dialog box is displayed.
In the Policy Name field, type a name you want to give the policy.
In the Transfer Priority field, select the transfer priority you want to assign to the policy.
In the Comment field, enter an optional comment for the policy.
The new policy is displayed in the SnapMirror Policy drop-down list.