Monitoring LUNs in a Consistency Group relationship
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
If your ONTAP environment supports SnapMirror Business Continuity (SM-BC) to protect applications with LUNs, you can view and monitor those LUNs on Active IQ Unified Manager.
SM-BC ensures zero recovery time objective (RTO) during failover in SAN environments. In a typical deployment supporting SM-BC, the LUNs on volumes are protected by Consistency Group relationships.
These primary and secondary LUNs are composite LUNs, or a replica LUN pair with the same UUID and serial number. The I/O operations (both read and write) are multiplexed across the source and destination sites on these composite LUNs, ensuring transparency.
For viewing composite LUNs, both the primary and secondary clusters with the LUNs that are a part of the Consistency Group relationship should be added and discovered on Unified Manager. Only iSCSI and FCP LUNs are supported.
For information about SM-BC, see ONTAP 9 Documentation for SM-BC.
To view composite LUNs in your environment follow these steps:
In the left navigation pane, click Storage > LUNs.
From the View menu, select Relationship > All LUNs.
The Relationship: All LUNs view is displayed.
You can view the LUN details, such as the LUN name, volume, storage VM hosting the LUN, cluster, Consistency Group, and the partner LUN. You can click each of these components to drill down to a detailed view. Clicking the Consistency Group takes you to the Relationships page.
Clicking the partner LUN enables you to view its configuration details on the SAN tab of the Storage VM Details page for the storage VM on which the partner LUN is hosted. Information such as the initiators and initiator groups and other aspects of the partner LUN is displayed.
You can perform the standard grid-level functions of sorting, filtering, generating and uploading reports for the protected LUNs in your environment.