What a Unified Manager maintenance window is
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
You define a Unified Manager maintenance window to suppress events and alerts for a specific timeframe when you have scheduled cluster maintenance and you do not want to receive a flood of unwanted notifications.
When the maintenance window starts, an "Object Maintenance Window Started" event is posted to the Event Management inventory page. This event is obsoleted automatically when the maintenance window ends.
During a maintenance window the events related to all objects on that cluster are still generated, but they do not appear in any of the UI pages, and no alerts or other types of notification are sent for these events. You can, however, view the events that were generated for all storage objects during a maintenance window by selecting one of the View options on the Event Management inventory page.
You can schedule a maintenance window to be initiated in the future, you can change the start and end times for a scheduled maintenance window, and you can cancel a scheduled maintenance window.