What the Suggested Actions section displays
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
The Suggested Actions section of the Event details page provides possible reasons for the event and suggests a few actions so that you can try to resolve the event on your own. The suggested actions are customized based on the type of event or type of threshold that has been breached.
This area is displayed only for some types of events.
In some cases there are Help links provided on the page that reference additional information for many suggested actions, including instructions for performing a specific action. Some of the actions may involve using Unified Manager, ONTAP System Manager, OnCommand Workflow Automation, ONTAP CLI commands, or a combination of these tools.
You should consider the actions suggested here as only a guidance in resolving this event. The action you take to resolve this event should be based on the context of your environment.
If you want to analyze the object and event in more detail, click the Analyze Workload button to display the Workload Analysis page.
There are certain events that Unified Manager can diagnose thoroughly and provide a single resolution. When available, those resolutions are displayed with a Fix It button. Click this button to have Unified Manager fix the issue causing the event.
For Active IQ platform events, this section may contain a link to a NetApp Knowledgebase article, when available, that describes the issue and possible resolutions. In sites with no external network access, a PDF of the Knowledgebase article is opened locally; the PDF is part of the rules file that you manually download to the Unified Manager instance.