Managing host system resource events
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
Unified Manager includes a service that monitors resource issues on the host system on which Unified Manager is installed. Issues such as lack of available disk space or lack of memory on the host system may trigger management station events that are displayed as banner messages across the top of the UI.
Management station events indicate an issue with the host system on which Unified Manager is installed. Examples of management station issues include disk space running low on the host system; Unified Manager missing a regular data collection cycle; and noncompletion, or late completion, of statistics analysis because the next collection poll was initiated.
Unlike all other Unified Manager event messages, these particular management station warning and critical events are displayed in banner messages.
To view management station event information, perform these actions:
If you want to… Do this…
View details of the event
Click the event banner to display the Event details page that includes suggested solutions for the issue.
View all management station events
In the left navigation pane, click Event Management.
In the Filters pane on the Event Management inventory page, click the box for Management Station in the Source Type list.