Managing cluster security objectives
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
Unified Manager provides a dashboard that identifies how secure your ONTAP clusters, storage virtual machines (SVMs), and volumes are based on recommendations defined in the NetApp Security Hardening Guide for ONTAP 9.
The goal of the security dashboard is to show any areas where your ONTAP clusters do not align with the NetApp recommended guidelines so that you can fix these potential issues. In most cases you will fix the issues using ONTAP System Manager or the ONTAP CLI. Your organization may not follow all of the recommendations, so in some cases you will not need to make any changes.
See the NetApp Security Hardening Guide for ONTAP 9 (TR-4569) for detailed recommendations and resolutions.
In addition to reporting security status, Unified Manager also generates security events for any cluster or SVM that has security violations. You can track these issues in the Event Management inventory page and you can configure alerts for these events so that your storage administrator is notified when new security events occur.
For more information, see What security criteria are being evaluated.