Retrieving the support bundle using a Windows client
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
If you are a Windows user, you can download and install a tool to retrieve the support bundle from your Unified Manager server. You can send the support bundle to technical support for a more detailed diagnosis of an issue. Filezilla or WinSCP are examples of tools you can use.
What you'll need
You must be the maintenance user to perform this task.
You must use a tool that supports SCP or SFTP.
Download and install a tool to retrieve the support bundle.
Open the tool.
Connect to your Unified Manager management server over SFTP.
The tool displays the contents of the /support directory and you can view all existing support bundles.
Select the destination directory for the support bundle you want to copy.
Select the support bundle you want to copy and use the tool to copy the file from the Unified Manager server to your local system.