Downloading the Unified Manager installation file
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
Download the Unified Manager installation file from the NetApp Support Site to deploy Unified Manager as a virtual appliance.
What you'll need
You should have the login credentials for the NetApp Support Site.
The installation file is a
.tar file that contains a root certificate, a
README file, and an
OVA file containing Unified Manager software configured for a virtual appliance.
Log in to the NetApp Support Site, and navigate to the Download page for Unified Manager:
Select the required version of Unified Manager and accept the end-users license agreement (EULA).
Download and save the
.tarfile for VMware vSphere installation to a local directory or network directory that is accessible to your vSphere Client.
Verify the checksum to ensure that the software downloaded correctly.
Navigate to the directory where you downloaded the
.tarfile and enter the following command in your terminal window to expand the Unified Manager bundle:
tar -xvzf ActiveIQUnifiedManager-<version>.tar.gz
OVAfile, a root certificate, and a
READMEfile for Unified Manager are unzipped to the target directory.
Verify the integrity of the
OVAfile by following the steps provided in the