Event investigation navigation
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
The Unified Manager event detail pages provide you with an in-depth look at any performance event. This is beneficial when investigating performance events, when troubleshooting, and when fine-tuning system performance.
Depending on the type of performance event, you might see one of two types of event detail pages:
Event details page for user-defined and system-defined threshold policy events
Event details page for dynamic threshold policy events
This is one example of an event investigation navigation.
In the left navigation pane, click Event Management.
From the View menu, click Active performance events.
Click the name of the event that you want to investigate and the Event details page is displayed.
View the Description of the event and review the Suggested Actions (where available) to view more details about the event that may help you resolve the issue. You can click the Analyze Workload button to display detailed performance charts to help further analyze the issue.