Monitor cluster performance navigation
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
You can monitor the performance of all clusters managed by Unified Manager. Monitoring your clusters provides you with an overview of cluster and object performance and includes performance event monitoring. You can view performance and events at a high level, or you can further investigate any details of cluster and object performance and performance events.
This is one example of many possible cluster performance navigational paths:
In the left navigation pane, click Storage > Aggregates.
To view information about the performance in those aggregates, select the Performance: All Aggregates view.
Identify the aggregate you want to investigate and click that aggregate name to navigate to the Aggregate / Performance Explorer page.
Optionally, select other objects to compare with this aggregate in the View and Compare menu, and then add one of the objects to the comparing pane.
Statistics for both objects will appear in the counter charts for comparison.
In the Comparing pane at the right on the Explorer page, click Zoom View in one of the counter charts to view details about the performance history for that aggregate.