Displaying information about performance events
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
You can use the Event Management inventory page to view a list of all the performance events on the clusters being monitored by Unified Manager. By viewing this information you can determine the most critical events and then drill down to detailed information to determine the cause of the event.
What you'll need
You must have the Operator, Application Administrator, or Storage Administrator role.
The list of events is sorted by detected time, with the most recent events listed first. You can click a column header to sort the events based on that column. For example, you can sort by the Status column to view events by severity. If you are looking for a specific event, or for a specific type of event, you can use the filter and search mechanisms to refine the list of events that appear in the list.
Events from all sources are displayed on this page:
User-defined performance threshold policy
System-defined performance threshold policy
Dynamic performance threshold
The Event Type column lists the source of the event. You can select an event to view details about the event in the Event details page.
In the left navigation pane, click Event Management.
From the View menu, select Active performance events.
The page displays all New and Acknowledged Performance events that have been generated in the past 7 days.
Locate an event that you want to analyze and click the event name.
The details page for the event displays.
You can also display the details page for an event by clicking the event name link from the Performance Explorer page and from an alert email.