Creating a report to view nodes running older versions of ONTAP
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
You can create a report to display the version of ONTAP software that is installed on all cluster nodes so that you can see which nodes you should upgrade.
What you'll need
You must have the Application Administrator or Storage Administrator role.
Use the following steps to create a custom view that displays nodes running older versions of ONTAP, and then schedule a report to be generated for that view.
In the left navigation pane, click Storage > Nodes.
Select Show/Hide to remove any columns that you do not want in the report.
Drag the “OS Version” column near the “Node” column.
Click the top of the “OS Version” column to sort the results by oldest version of ONTAP.
Save the view with a specific name that reflects what the view is showing, for example, “Nodes by ONTAP version”.
Click the Scheduled Reports button on the inventory page.
Click Add Schedule to add a new row to the Report Schedules page so that you can define the schedule characteristics for the new report.
Enter a name for the report schedule and complete the other report fields, then click the check mark () at the end of the row.
The report is sent immediately as a test. After that, the report generates and is sent by email to the recipients listed using the specified frequency.
Based on the results shown in the report, you might want to upgrade nodes running older versions of ONTAP.