Introduction to Active IQ Unified Manager
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
Active IQ Unified Manager (formerly OnCommand Unified Manager) enables you to monitor and manage the health and performance of your ONTAP storage systems from a single interface.
Unified Manager provides the following features:
Discovery, monitoring, and notifications for systems that are installed with ONTAP software.
Dashboard to show capacity, security, and performance health of the environment.
Enhanced alerts, events, and threshold infrastructure.
Displays detailed graphs that plot workload activity over time; including IOPS (operations), MBps (throughput), latency (response time), utilization, performance capacity, and cache ratio.
Identifies workloads that are overusing cluster components and the workloads whose performance is impacted by the increased activity.
Provides suggested corrective actions that can be performed to address certain incidents and events, and a "Fix It" button for some events so you can resolve the issue immediately.
Integrates with OnCommand Workflow Automation to execute automated protection workflows.
Ability to create new workloads, such as a LUN or file share, directly from Unified Manager and assign a Performance Service Level to define the performance and storage objectives for the users accessing the application using that workload.