Creating and editing Storage Efficiency Policies
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
When the system-defined Storage Efficiency Policies do not match your workload requirements, you can create your own Storage Efficiency Policies that are optimized for your workloads.
What you'll need
You must have the Application Administrator role.
The Storage Efficiency Policy name must be unique, and you cannot use the following reserved keywords:
You create and edit custom Storage Efficiency Policies from the Storage Efficiency Policies page by defining the storage efficiency characteristics you require for the applications that will access storage.
You cannot modify a Storage Efficiency Policy if it is currently assigned to a workload.
In the left navigation pane under Settings, select Policies > Storage Efficiency.
In the Storage Efficiency Policies page, click the appropriate button depending on whether you want to create a new Storage Efficiency Policy or if you want to edit an existing Storage Efficiency Policy.
To… Follow these steps…
Create a new Storage Efficiency Policy
Edit an existing Storage Efficiency Policy
Select an existing Storage Efficiency Policy and click Edit
The page to add or edit a Storage Efficiency Policy is displayed.
Customize the Storage Efficiency Policy by specifying the storage efficiency characteristics, and then click Submit to save the Storage Efficiency Policy.
You can apply the new or changed Storage Efficiency Policy to workloads (LUNs, NFS File Shares, CIFS Shares) from the Workloads page or when provisioning a new workload.