PDF of this doc site
- Install and maintain hardware
Manage storage with Element software
Manage your system
- Configure cluster settings
- Manage volumes and virtual volumes
Protect your data
- Use volume snapshots for data protection
- Perform remote replication between clusters running NetApp Element software
Use SnapMirror replication between Element and ONTAP clusters
- Manage your system
- Manage and monitor storage with NetApp Hybrid Cloud Control
- Manage storage with Element API
- Work with the management node
Systems running NetApp Element software support SnapMirror functionality to copy and restore snapshots with NetApp ONTAP systems.
Systems running Element can communicate directly with SnapMirror on ONTAP systems 9.3 or higher. The NetApp Element API provides methods to enable SnapMirror functionality on clusters, volumes, and snapshots. Additionally, the Element UI includes all necessary functionality to manage SnapMirror relationships between Element software and ONTAP systems.
You can replicate ONTAP originated volumes to Element volumes in specific use cases with limited functionality. For more information, see ONTAP documentation.