Use SnapMirror replication between Element and ONTAP clusters
PDF of this doc site
- Install and maintain hardware
Manage storage with Element software
Manage your system
- Configure cluster settings
- Manage volumes and virtual volumes
Protect your data
- Use volume snapshots for data protection
- Perform remote replication between clusters running NetApp Element software
- Use SnapMirror replication between Element and ONTAP clusters
- Manage your system
- Manage and monitor storage with NetApp Hybrid Cloud Control
- Manage storage with Element API
- Work with the management node
You can create SnapMirror relationships from the Data Protection tab in the NetApp Element UI. SnapMirror functionality must be enabled to see this in the user interface.
IPv6 is not supported for SnapMirror replication between NetApp Element software and ONTAP clusters.
Systems running NetApp Element software support SnapMirror functionality to copy and restore Snapshot copies with NetApp ONTAP systems. The primary reason for using this technology is disaster recovery of NetApp HCI to ONTAP. Endpoints include ONTAP, ONTAP Select, and Cloud Volumes ONTAP. See TR-4641 NetApp HCI Data Protection.