Installing the FC-to-SAS bridge and SAS shelves
PDF of this doc site
Install a fabric-attached MetroCluster
Cable a fabric-attached MetroCluster configuration
- Install and cable MetroCluster components
- Configure hardware for sharing a Brocade 6510 FC fabric during transition
Plan and install a MetroCluster configuration with array LUNs
- Install and cable the MetroCluster components in a configuration with array LUNs
- Cable a fabric-attached MetroCluster configuration
Install a MetroCluster IP configuration
- Configure the MetroCluster hardware components
Install a stretch MetroCluster configuration
- Cable a two-node SAS-attached stretch MetroCluster configuration
- Cable a two-node bridge-attached stretch MetroCluster configuration
- Perform switchover, healing, and switchback
Maintain the MetroCluster components
- Hot add storage to a MetroCluster FC configuration
Transition from MetroCluster FC to MetroCluster IP
- Transition nondisruptively from a MetroCluster FC to a MetroCluster IP configuration (ONTAP 9.8 and later)
Upgrade, refresh, or expand the MetroCluster configuration
- Expand a two-node MetroCluster FC configuration to a four-node configuration
- Install a fabric-attached MetroCluster
After ensuring that the system meets all of the requirements in the “Preparing for the installation” section, you can install your new system.
The disk and shelf configuration at both sites should be identical.
If a non-mirrored aggregate is used, the disk and shelf configuration at each site might be different.
All disks in the disaster recovery (DR) group must use the same type of connection and be visible to all of the nodes within the disaster recovery group, regardless of the disks being used for mirrored or non-mirrored aggregate.
The system connectivity requirements for maximum distances for disk shelves, FC switches, and backup tape devices using 50-micron, multimode fiber-optic cables, also apply to FibreBridge bridges.
A mix of IOM12 modules and IOM3 modules is not supported within the same storage stack. A mix of IOM12 modules and IOM6 modules is supported within the same storage stack if your system is running a supported version of ONTAP.
In-band ACP is supported without additional cabling in the following shelves and FibreBridge 7500N or 7600N bridge:
|SAS shelves in MetroCluster configurations do not support ACP cabling.|