Verify that the FC service is running on an existing SVM
PDF of this doc site
Provision NAS storage
- NFS configuration
- NFS configuration for ESXi using VSC
- SMB/CIFS and NFS multiprotocol configuration
Provision SAN storage
- FC configuration for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- iSCSI configuration for ESXi using VSC
- iSCSI configuration for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Data protection and disaster recovery
- Cluster and SVM peering configuration
- Volume disaster recovery
- Cluster administration
Cluster management using System Manager 9.6 and 9.7
- Cluster management using System Manager 9.6 and 9.7
- Provision NAS storage
If you choose to use an existing storage virtual machine (SVM), you must verify that the FC service is running on the SVM by using ONTAP System Manager. You must also verify that FC logical interfaces (LIFs) are already created.
You must have selected an existing SVM on which you plan to create a new LUN.
Navigate to the SVMs window.
Select the required SVM.
Click the SVM Settings tab.
In the Protocols pane, click FC/FCoE.
Verify that the FC service is running.
If the FC service is not running, start the FC service or create a new SVM.
Verify that there are at least two FC LIFs listed for each node.
If there are fewer than two FC LIFs per node, update the FC configuration on the SVM or create a new SVM for FC.