Install SnapCenter Plug-in Packages for Linux or Windows on multiple remote hosts by using cmdlets
PDF of this doc site
- SnapCenter Server installation
Protect Microsoft SQL Server databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
Protect SAP HANA databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Databases
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Database
- Back up SAP HANA resources
- Protect Oracle databases
- Protect Windows file systems
- Protect Microsoft Exchange Server databases
Protect Custom applications
- Prepare to install SnapCenter Custom Plug-ins
You can install the SnapCenter Plug-in Packages for Linux or Windows on multiple hosts simultaneously by using the Install-SmHostPackage PowerShell cmdlet.
What you will need
The user adding a host should have the administrative rights on the host.
On the SnapCenter Server host, establish a session using the Open-SmConnection cmdlet, and then enter your credentials.
Install the plug-in on multiple hosts using the Install-SmHostPackage cmdlet and the required parameters.
The information regarding the parameters that can be used with the cmdlet and their descriptions can be obtained by running Get-Help command_name. Alternatively, you can also refer to the SnapCenter Software Cmdlet Reference Guide.
You can use the -skipprecheck option when you have installed the plug-ins manually and do not want to validate whether the host meets the requirements to install the plug-in.
Enter your credentials for remote installation.