Back up SQL Server resource groups
PDF of this doc site
- SnapCenter Server installation
Protect Microsoft SQL Server databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
Protect SAP HANA databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Databases
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Database
- Back up SAP HANA resources
- Protect Oracle databases
- Protect Windows file systems
- Protect Microsoft Exchange Server databases
Protect Custom applications
- Prepare to install SnapCenter Custom Plug-ins
You can back up a resource group on demand from the Resources page. If a resource group has a policy attached and a schedule configured, then backups occur automatically according to the schedule.
In the left navigation pane, click Resources, and then select the appropriate plug-in from the list.
In the Resources page, select Resource Group from the View list.
You can search the resource group either by entering the resource group name in the search box, or by clicking , and then selecting the tag. You can then click to close the filter pane.
In the Resource Groups page, select the resource group that you want to back up, and then click Back up Now.
In the Backup page, perform the following steps:
If you have associated multiple policies with the resource group, from the Policy drop-down list, select the policy that you want to use for backup.
If the policy selected for the on-demand backup is associated with a backup schedule, the on-demand backups will be retained based on the retention settings specified for the schedule type.
After backup, select Verify to verify the on-demand backup.
The Verify option in the policy applies only to scheduled jobs.
Monitor the operation progress by clicking Monitor > Jobs.
Find more information