Sources and destinations of clones for Windows file systems
PDF of this doc site
- SnapCenter Server installation
Protect Microsoft SQL Server databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
Protect SAP HANA databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Databases
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Database
- Back up SAP HANA resources
- Protect Oracle databases
- Protect Windows file systems
- Protect Microsoft Exchange Server databases
Protect Custom applications
- Prepare to install SnapCenter Custom Plug-ins
You can clone a file system backup from primary storage or secondary storage. You also can choose the destination that supports your requirements; either the original backup location or a different destination on the same host or on a different host. The destination must be on the same volume as the clone source backup.
Original, source, location
By default, SnapCenter stores the clone on the same location and the same host as the backup being cloned.
You can store the clone on a different location on the same host or on a different host. The host must have a configured connection to the storage virtual machine (SVM).
You can rename the clone after the clone operation is complete.