Determine resource availability for Windows file systems
PDF of this doc site
- SnapCenter Server installation
Protect Microsoft SQL Server databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
Protect SAP HANA databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Databases
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Database
- Back up SAP HANA resources
- Protect Oracle databases
- Protect Windows file systems
- Protect Microsoft Exchange Server databases
Protect Custom applications
- Prepare to install SnapCenter Custom Plug-ins
Resources are the LUNs and similar components in your file system that are maintained by the plug-ins you have installed. You can add those resources to resource groups so that you can perform data protection jobs on multiple resources, but first you must identify which resources you have available. Discovering available resources also verifies that the plug-in installation was completed successfully.
What you will need
You must have already completed tasks such as installing SnapCenter Server, adding hosts, creating storage virtual machine (SVM) connections, and adding credentials.
If files reside on VMware RDM LUNs or VMDKs, you must deploy the SnapCenter Plug-in for VMware vSphere and register the plug-in with SnapCenter. For more information, see SnapCenter Plug-in for VMware vSphere documentation.
In the left navigation pane, click Resources, and then select the appropriate plug-in from the list.
In the Resources page, select File Systems from the list.
Select the host to filter the list of resources, and then click Refresh Resources.
The newly added, renamed, or deleted file systems are updated to the SnapCenter Server inventory.
You must refresh the resources if the databases are renamed outside of SnapCenter.