Uninstall plug-ins locally on a host
PDF of this doc site
- SnapCenter Server installation
Protect Microsoft SQL Server databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
Protect SAP HANA databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Databases
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Database
- Back up SAP HANA resources
- Protect Oracle databases
- Protect Windows file systems
- Protect Microsoft Exchange Server databases
Protect Custom applications
- Prepare to install SnapCenter Custom Plug-ins
You can uninstall SnapCenter plug-ins locally on a host if you cannot reach the host from the SnapCenter Server.
About this task
The best practice for uninstalling individual plug-ins or plug-in packages is to either use the SnapCenter GUI or use the Uninstall-SmHostPackage cmdlet on the SnapCenter Server host command-line interface. These procedures help the SnapCenter Server to stay up to date with any changes.
However, you might have a rare need to uninstall plug-ins locally. For example, you might have run an uninstall job from the SnapCenter Server but the job failed, or you uninstalled your SnapCenter Server and orphan plug-ins remain on a host.
|Uninstalling a plug-in package locally on a host does not delete data associated with the host; for example scheduled jobs and backup metadata.|
|Do not attempt to uninstall the SnapCenter Plug-ins Package for Windows locally from the Control Panel. You must use the SnapCenter GUI to ensure that SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft Windows is properly uninstalled.|
On the host system, navigate to the Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
In the list of programs, select the SnapCenter plug-in or plug-in package you want to uninstall and click Uninstall.
Windows uninstalls all plug-ins in the selected package.