Enable CA Certificates for plug-ins
PDF of this doc site
SnapCenter Server installation
- Configure Certificate-based Authentication
Protect Microsoft SQL Server databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
Protect SAP HANA databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Databases
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Database
- Back up SAP HANA resources
- Protect Oracle databases
- Protect Windows file systems
- Protect Microsoft Exchange Server databases
Protect Custom applications
- Prepare to install SnapCenter Custom Plug-ins
- Protect Unix file systems
- Protect applications running on Azure NetApp Files
- SnapCenter Server installation
You should configure the CA certificates and deploy the CA certificates in the SnapCenter Server and the corresponding plug-in hosts. You should enable the CA certificate validation for the plug-ins.
You can enable or disable the CA certificates using the run Set-SmCertificateSettings cmdlet.
You can display the certificate status for the plug-ins using the Get-SmCertificateSettings.
The information regarding the parameters that can be used with the cmdlet and their descriptions can be obtained by running Get-Help command_name. Alternatively, you can also refer to the SnapCenter Software Cmdlet Reference Guide.
In the left navigation pane, click Hosts.
In the Hosts page, click Managed Hosts.
Select single or multiple plug-in hosts.
Click More options.
Select Enable Certificate Validation.
The Managed Hosts tab host displays a padlock and the color of the padlock indicates the status of the connection between SnapCenter Server and the plug-in host.
indicates that the CA certificate is neither enabled nor assigned to the plug-in host.
indicates that the CA certificate is successfully validated.
indicates that the CA certificate could not be validated.
indicates that the connection information could not be retrieved.
When the status is yellow or green, the data protection operations completes successfully.