Split clone of a pluggable database
PDF of this doc site
SnapCenter Server installation
- Configure Certificate-based Authentication
Protect Microsoft SQL Server databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
Protect SAP HANA databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Databases
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Database
- Back up SAP HANA resources
- Protect Oracle databases
- Protect Windows file systems
- Protect Microsoft Exchange Server databases
Protect Custom applications
- Prepare to install SnapCenter Custom Plug-ins
- SnapCenter Server installation
You can use SnapCenter to split a cloned pluggable database (PDB).
About this task
If you created a backup of the target CDB where the PDB is cloned, when you split the PDB clone, the cloned PDB is also removed from all the backups of the target CDB containing the cloned PDB.
|The PDB clones are not displayed in the inventory or resources view.|
In the left navigation pane, click Resources, and then select the appropriate plug-in from the list.
Select the source container database (CDB) from the resource or resource group view.
From the Manage Copies view, select Clones either from the primary or secondary (mirrored or replicated) storage systems.
Select the PDB clone (targetCDB:PDBClone) and then click .
Review the estimated size of the clone that is to be split and the required space available on the aggregate, and then click Start.
Monitor the operation progress by clicking Monitor > Jobs.