Reboot services appliance while StorageGRID Appliance Installer is running
PDF of this doc site
- Get started
Install and maintain appliance hardware
SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG100 and SG1000)
SG6000 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG6000)
- Configure hardware (SG6000)
SG5700 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5700)
- Configure hardware (SG5700)
SG5600 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5600)
- Configure hardware (SG5600)
- SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
Install and upgrade software
- Upgrade StorageGRID software
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS
- Install Ubuntu or Debian
Perform system administration
- Manage security settings
- Manage Admin Nodes
- Manage Archive Nodes
Manage objects with ILM
- ILM and object lifecycle
- Create storage grades, storage pools, EC profiles, and regions
- Administer StorageGRID
- Use a tenant account
- S3 REST API supported operations and limitations
Monitor and maintain StorageGRID
Monitor and troubleshoot
- Troubleshoot a StorageGRID system
- Expand your grid
Recover and maintain
Grid node recovery procedures
- Recover from Storage Node failures
- Recover from Admin Node failures
- All grid node types: Replace Linux node
- Grid node decommission
- Network maintenance procedures
- Grid node procedures
- Grid node recovery procedures
Review audit logs
- Audit messages and the object lifecycle
- Monitor and troubleshoot
You might need to reboot the services appliance while the StorageGRID Appliance Installer is running. For example, you might need to reboot the services appliance if the installation fails.
This procedure only applies when the services appliance is running the StorageGRID Appliance Installer. Once the installation is completed, this step no longer works because the StorageGRID Appliance Installer is no longer available.
From the menu bar of the StorageGRID Appliance Installer, click Advanced > Reboot Controller.
The Reboot Controller page appears.
From the StorageGRID Appliance Installer, click Advanced > Reboot Controller, and then select one of these options:
Select Reboot into StorageGRID to reboot the controller with the node rejoining the grid. Select this option if you are done working in maintenance mode and are ready to return the node to normal operation.
Select Reboot into Maintenance Mode to reboot the controller with the node remaining in maintenance mode. (This option is available only when the controller is in maintenance mode.) Select this option if there are additional maintenance operations you need to perform on the node before rejoining the grid.
The services appliance is rebooted.