Set IP address for BMC management port
PDF of this doc site
- Get started
Install and maintain appliance hardware
SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG100 and SG1000)
SG6000 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG6000)
- Configure hardware (SG6000)
SG5700 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5700)
- Configure hardware (SG5700)
SG5600 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5600)
- Configure hardware (SG5600)
- SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
Install and upgrade software
- Upgrade StorageGRID software
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS
- Install Ubuntu or Debian
Perform system administration
- Manage security settings
- Manage Admin Nodes
- Manage Archive Nodes
Manage objects with ILM
- ILM and object lifecycle
- Create storage grades, storage pools, EC profiles, and regions
- Administer StorageGRID
- Use a tenant account
- S3 REST API supported operations and limitations
Monitor and maintain StorageGRID
Monitor and troubleshoot
- Troubleshoot a StorageGRID system
- Expand your grid
Recover and maintain
Grid node recovery procedures
- Recover from Storage Node failures
- Recover from Admin Node failures
- All grid node types: Replace Linux node
- Grid node decommission
- Network maintenance procedures
- Grid node procedures
- Grid node recovery procedures
Review audit logs
- Audit messages and the object lifecycle
- Monitor and troubleshoot
Before you can access the BMC interface, you must configure the IP address for the BMC management port on the services appliance.
The management client is using a supported web browser.
You are using any management client that can connect to a StorageGRID network.
The BMC management port is connected to the management network you plan to use.
SG100 BMC management port
SG1000 BMC management port
About this taskFor support purposes, the BMC management port allows low-level hardware access. You should only connect this port to a secure, trusted, internal management network. If no such network is available, leave the BMC port unconnected or blocked, unless a BMC connection is requested by technical support.
From the client, enter the URL for the StorageGRID Appliance Installer:
services_appliance_IP, use the IP address for the appliance on any StorageGRID network.
The StorageGRID Appliance Installer Home page appears.
Select Configure Hardware > BMC Configuration.
The Baseboard Management Controller Configuration page appears.
Make a note of the IPv4 address that is automatically displayed.
DHCP is the default method for assigning an IP address to this port.
It might take a few minutes for the DHCP values to appear.
Optionally, set a static IP address for the BMC management port.
You should either assign a static IP for the BMC management port or assign a permanent lease for the address on the DHCP server.
Enter the IPv4 address, using CIDR notation.
Enter the default gateway.
It might take a few minutes for your changes to be applied.