Verify Fibre Channel HBA to replace
PDF of this doc site
- Get started
Install and maintain appliance hardware
SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG100 and SG1000)
SG6000 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG6000)
- Configure hardware (SG6000)
SG5700 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5700)
- Configure hardware (SG5700)
SG5600 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5600)
- Configure hardware (SG5600)
- SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
Install and upgrade software
- Upgrade StorageGRID software
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS
- Install Ubuntu or Debian
Perform system administration
- Manage security settings
- Manage Admin Nodes
- Manage Archive Nodes
Manage objects with ILM
- ILM and object lifecycle
- Create storage grades, storage pools, EC profiles, and regions
- Administer StorageGRID
- Use a tenant account
- S3 REST API supported operations and limitations
Monitor and maintain StorageGRID
Monitor and troubleshoot
- Troubleshoot a StorageGRID system
- Expand your grid
Recover and maintain
Grid node recovery procedures
- Recover from Storage Node failures
- Recover from Admin Node failures
- All grid node types: Replace Linux node
- Grid node decommission
- Network maintenance procedures
- Grid node procedures
- Grid node recovery procedures
Review audit logs
- Audit messages and the object lifecycle
- Monitor and troubleshoot
If you are unsure which Fibre Channel host bus adapter (HBA) to replace, complete this procedure to identify it.
You have the serial number of the storage appliance or SG6000-CN controller where the Fibre Channel HBA needs to be replaced.
If the serial number of the storage appliance containing the Fibre Channel HBA you are replacing starts with the letter Q, it will not be listed in the Grid Manager. You must check the tags attached to the front of each SG6000-CN controller in the data center until you find a match.
You are signed in to the Grid Manager using a supported web browser.
From the Grid Manager, select NODES.
From the table on the Nodes page, select an appliance Storage Node.
Select the Hardware tab.
Check the Storage appliance chassis serial number and the Compute controller serial number in the StorageGRID Appliance section. See if one of these serial numbers matches the serial number of the storage appliance where you are replacing the Fibre Channel HBA. If either serial number matches, you have found the correct appliance.
If the StorageGRID Appliance section does not display, the node selected is not a StorageGRID appliance. Select a different node from the tree view.
If the Appliance Model is not SG6060 or SG6060X, select a different node from the tree view.
If the serial numbers do not match, select a different node from the tree view.
After you locate the node where the Fibre Channel HBA needs to be replaced, write down the Compute controller BMC IP address listed the StorageGRID Appliance section.
You can use this IP address to turn on the compute controller identify LED, to help you locate the appliance in the data center.