Overview of the installation REST API
PDF of this doc site
- Get started
Install and maintain appliance hardware
SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG100 and SG1000)
SG6000 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG6000)
- Configure hardware (SG6000)
SG5700 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5700)
- Configure hardware (SG5700)
SG5600 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5600)
- Configure hardware (SG5600)
- SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
Install and upgrade software
- Upgrade StorageGRID software
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS
- Install Ubuntu or Debian
Perform system administration
- Manage security settings
- Manage Admin Nodes
- Manage Archive Nodes
Manage objects with ILM
- ILM and object lifecycle
- Create storage grades, storage pools, EC profiles, and regions
- Administer StorageGRID
- Use a tenant account
- S3 REST API supported operations and limitations
Monitor and maintain StorageGRID
Monitor and troubleshoot
- Troubleshoot a StorageGRID system
- Expand your grid
Recover and maintain
Grid node recovery procedures
- Recover from Storage Node failures
- Recover from Admin Node failures
- All grid node types: Replace Linux node
- Grid node decommission
- Network maintenance procedures
- Grid node procedures
- Grid node recovery procedures
Review audit logs
- Audit messages and the object lifecycle
- Monitor and troubleshoot
StorageGRID provides the StorageGRID Installation API for performing installation tasks.
|Any API operations you perform using the API Docs webpage are live operations. Be careful not to create, update, or delete configuration data or other data by mistake.|
Each REST API command includes the API's URL, an HTTP action, any required or optional URL parameters, and an expected API response.
StorageGRID Installation API
The StorageGRID Installation API is only available when you are initially configuring your StorageGRID system, and in the event that you need to perform a primary Admin Node recovery. The Installation API can be accessed over HTTPS from the Grid Manager.
To access the API documentation, go to the installation web page on the primary Admin Node and select Help > API Documentation from the menu bar.
The StorageGRID Installation API includes the following sections:
config — Operations related to the product release and versions of the API. You can list the product release version and the major versions of the API supported by that release.
grid — Grid-level configuration operations. You can get and update grid settings, including grid details, Grid Network subnets, grid passwords, and NTP and DNS server IP addresses.
nodes — Node-level configuration operations. You can retrieve a list of grid nodes, delete a grid node, configure a grid node, view a grid node, and reset a grid node's configuration.
provision — Provisioning operations. You can start the provisioning operation and view the status of the provisioning operation.
recovery — Primary Admin Node recovery operations. You can reset information, upload the Recover Package, start the recovery, and view the status of the recovery operation.
recovery-package — Operations to download the Recovery Package.
schemas — API schemas for advanced deployments
sites — Site-level configuration operations. You can create, view, delete, and modify a site.