Quiescing a protection relationship from the Volume / Health details page
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
- Managing and monitoring MetroCluster configurations
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Collecting data and monitoring workload performance
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
You can quiesce a protection relationship to temporarily prevent data transfers from occurring. You might quiesce a relationship when you want to create a Snapshot copy of a SnapMirror destination volume that contains a database, and you want to ensure that its contents are stable during the Snapshot copy.
What you’ll need
You must have the Application Administrator or Storage Administrator role.
You must have set up Workflow Automation.
The quiesce action does not display in the following instances:
If RBAC settings do not allow this action, for example, if you have only operator privileges
When the volume ID is unknown, for example, when you have an intercluster relationship and the destination cluster has not yet been discovered
When you have not paired Workflow Automation and Unified Manager
In the Protection tab of the Volume / Health details page, right-click the relationship in the topology view for the protection relationship that you want to quiesce.
Select Quiesce from the menu.
Click Yes to continue.
The status of the quiesce job is displayed at the top of the Volume / Health details page, along with a link to the job details.
Click the View details link to go to the Job details page for additional details and job progress.
Optional: Click the Back arrow on your browser to return to the Volume / Health details page.
The quiesce job is finished when all job tasks are successfully completed.