Enabling and disabling Active IQ event reporting
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
- Managing and monitoring MetroCluster configurations
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Collecting data and monitoring workload performance
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
Active IQ platform events are generated and displayed in the Unified Manager user interface by default. If you find that these events are too "noisy", or that you do not want to view these events in Unified Manager, then you can disable these events from being generated. You can enable them at a later time if you want to resume receiving these notifications.
What you’ll need
You must have the Application Administrator role.
When you disable this feature, Unified Manager stops receiving Active IQ platform events immediately.
When you enable this feature, Unified Manager starts receiving Active IQ platform events shortly after midnight based on the timezone of the cluster. The start time is based on when Unified Manager receives AutoSupport messages from each cluster.
In the left navigation pane, click General > Feature Settings.
In the Feature Settings page, disable or enable Active IQ platform events by choosing one of the following options:
If you want to… Then do this…
Disable Active IQ platform events
In the Active IQ Portal Events panel, move the slider button to the left.
Enable Active IQ platform events
In the Active IQ Portal Events panel, move the slider button to the right.