Modifying the backup type
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
- Managing and monitoring MetroCluster configurations
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Collecting data and monitoring workload performance
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
If you want to change the type of backup for your Active IQ Unified Manager system, then you can use the maintenance console options. The Unconfigure NetApp Snapshot Backup option enables you to fall back to the MySQL based backup.
What you'll need
You must have a user ID and password authorized to log in to the maintenance console of the Unified Manager server.
Access the maintenance console.
Select 4 from the Main Menu for backup and restore.
Select 2 from the Backup and Restore Menu.
Select 4 for Unconfigure NetApp Snapshot Backup.
The actions that are performed are displayed which are, stop the services, break the symlink, move the data from storage to directory, and then start the services again.
After the backup method is modified, the backup mechanism is changed from Snapshot copy to default MySQL backup. This change appears in the Database Backup section of the General settings.