Viewing Storage VMs based on protection status
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
You can use the Storage VMs page of the Inventory to view all the storage VMs in Active IQ Unified Manager and filter the storage VMs based on their protection status.
What you’ll need
You must have the Application Administrator or Storage Administrator role.
A new column Protection Role is added to the storage VMs view that provides information on whether the storage VM is protected or unprotected.
If a source cluster is not added to Active IQ Unified Manager, then all the information related to that cluster is unavailable in the grids.
In the left navigation pane, click STORAGE > Storage VMs.
From the VIEW menu, select Health > All Storage VMs.
The Health: All Storage VMs is displayed.
Click Filter to view one of the following storage VMs.
To view Filter value
Protected storage VMs
Protection Role is Protected
Unprotected storage VMs
Protection Role is Unprotected
You cannot view both the protected and unprotected storage VMs at the same time. You will need to clear the existing filter to reapply a new filter option.
Click Apply Filter.
The Unsaved view displays all the storage VMs that are either protected or unprotected by storage VM disaster recovery based on your filter selections.