Assigning events to specific users
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
You can assign unassigned events to yourself or to other users, including remote users. You can reassign assigned events to another user, if required. For example, when frequent issues occur on a storage object, you can assign the events for these issues to the user who manages that object.
What you'll need
The user's name and email ID must be configured correctly.
You must have the Operator, Application Administrator, or Storage Administrator role.
In the left navigation pane, click Event Management.
In the Event Management inventory page, select one or more events that you want to assign.
Assign the event by choosing one of the following options:
If you want to assign the event to… Then do this…
Click Assign To > Me.
Click Assign To > Another user.
In the Assign Owner dialog box, enter the user name, or select a user from the drop-down list.
An email notification is sent to the user.
If you do not enter a user name or select a user from the drop-down list, and click Assign, the event remains unassigned.