Uploading a new Active IQ rules file
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
Unified Manager checks for a new Active IQ events (rules) file automatically and downloads a new file when there are newer rules. However, in sites with no external network access, you need to upload the rules file manually.
|Active IQ rules are also referred to as Config Advisor (CA) secure rules.|
When you are installing or upgrading Unified Manager to a specific release in a site without network connectivity, the bundled Active IQ rules are automatically available for upload. However, it is recommended that you download a new rules file approximately once a month from NetApp’s Support Site to make sure that updated events are generated and your storage systems continue to perform optimally.
What you’ll need
Active IQ portal event reporting must be enabled. This feature is enabled by default. For information, see Enabling Active IQ portal events.
You must download the rules file from the NetApp Support Site.
The rules file is located at: https://mysupport.netapp.com/api/content-service/staticcontents/content/public/tools/unifiedmanager/ca/secure_rules.zip
On a computer that has network access, navigate to the NetApp Support Site and download the current rules
The bundled rules package includes the rules repository, data sources, and a NetApp KB article.
On Windows systems, in a site without network connectivity, the NetApp KB article is not bundled by default with the installer. You can download the secure_rules.zip file from the support site and upload it to view the KB article for all the rules.
Transfer the rules file to some media that you can bring into the secure area and then copy it onto a system in the secure area.
In the left navigation pane, click Storage Management > Event Setup.
In the Event Setup page, click the Upload Rules button.
In the Upload Rules dialog box, navigate to and select the rules
.zipfile you downloaded and click Upload.
This process can take a few minutes.
The rules file is unzipped on the Unified Manager server. After your managed clusters generate an AutoSupport file after midnight, Unified Manager checks the clusters against the rules file and generates new risk and incident events as required.
For more information, see this Knowledge Base (KB) article: How to update AIQCASecure rules manually in Active IQ Unified Manager.