Supported upgrade path for Unified Manager versions
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
Active IQ Unified Manager supports a specific upgrade path for each version.
Not all versions of Unified Manager can perform an in-place upgrade to later versions. The Unified Manager upgrades are limited to an N-2 model, meaning an upgrade can only be performed within the next 2 releases on all platforms. For example, you can perform an upgrade to Unified Manager 9.13 from Unified Manager 9.11 and 9.12 only.
If you are running a version that is earlier than the supported versions, your Unified Manager instance will need to be upgraded to one of the supported versions first, and then upgraded to the current version.
For example, if your installed version is OnCommand Unified Manager 9.6 and you want to upgrade to the latest release Active IQ Unified Manager 9.13, you follow a sequence of upgrades.
Upgrade OnCommand Unified Manager 9.6 → Active IQ Unified Manager 9.8
Upgrade 9.8 → 9.10
Upgrade 9.10 → 9.12
Upgrade 9.12 → 9.13
For more information on the upgrade path matrix, see this knowledge base (KB) article.