Viewing event details in the Events Timeline
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
You can view all events and their related details in the Events Timeline pane of Performance Explorer. This is a quick and efficient method of viewing all the health and performance events that occurred on the root object during a specified time range, which can be helpful when troubleshooting performance issues.
The Events Timeline pane shows critical, error, warning, and informational events that occurred on the root object during the selected time range. Each event severity has its own timeline. Single and multiple events are represented by an event dot on the timeline. You can position your cursor over an event dot to see the event details. To increase the visual granularity of multiple events, you can decrease the time range. This spreads out multiple events into single events, enabling you to separately view and investigate each event.
Each performance event dot on the Events Timeline lines up vertically with a corresponding spike in the counter charts trend lines that are displayed below the Events Timeline. This provides a direct visual correlation between events and overall performance. Health events are displayed on the timeline as well, but these types of events do not necessarily line up with a spike in one of the performance charts.
On the Events Timeline pane, position the cursor over an event dot on a timeline to view a summary of the event or events at that event point.
A pop-up dialog displays information about the event types, the date and time when the events occurred, the state, and the event duration.
View full event details for one event or multiple events:
To do this… Click this…
View details for a single event
View Event Detail in the pop-up dialog.
View details for multiple events
View Event Details in the pop-up dialog.
Clicking a single event on the multiple events dialog displays the appropriate Event Details page.