Creating a report to group volume relationships by issue
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
You can create a report that groups volume relationships by issue.
What you'll need
You must have the Application Administrator or Storage Administrator role.
Use the following steps to create a custom view that groups volume relationships by issue, and then schedule a report to be generated for that view.
In the left navigation pane, click Storage > Volumes.
In the View menu, select Relationship > All Relationships.
Select Show/Hide to remove any columns you do not want in the report.
Drag the “Unhealthy Reason” column near the “State” column.
Click the top of the “Unhealthy Reason” column to group the volumes by issue.
Save the view with a specific name that reflects what the view is showing, for example, “Vol relationships by issue”.
Click the Scheduled Reports button on the inventory page.
Enter a name for the report schedule and complete the other report fields, then click the check mark () at the end of the row.
The report is sent immediately as a test. After that, the report generates and is sent by email to the recipients listed using the specified frequency.
Based on the results shown in the report, you can investigate the source and impact of each type of issue.