PDF of this doc site
- Install and maintain hardware
Manage storage with Element software
Manage your system
- Configure cluster settings
- Manage volumes and virtual volumes
Protect your data
- Use volume snapshots for data protection
- Perform remote replication between clusters running NetApp Element software
- Use SnapMirror replication between Element and ONTAP clusters
- Manage your system
- Manage and monitor storage with NetApp Hybrid Cloud Control
- Manage storage with Element API
- Work with the management node
To perform I/O operations with a virtual volume, an ESXi host must first bind the virtual volume.
The SolidFire cluster chooses an optimal protocol endpoint, creates a binding that associates the ESXi host and virtual volume with the protocol endpoint, and returns the binding to the ESXi host. After it is bound, the ESXi host can perform I/O operations with the bound virtual volume.